Thursday, November 5, 2015

Today's Music; November 5, 2015

Fryderyk Chopin's Piano Sonata, No.2 in B-flat minor, Op. 35.

This piece jumps at you. So, I usually try and relaxed before I begin to listen to this one. Or, sometimes, unexpected surprise adds a charm. Nonetheless, without knowing, it transitions into something languid. Eventually it comes back to the original fierce atmosphere before it concludes. Scherzo has a similar mixture of feelings with a bit more fierce tone. Third movement is the famous of 'Funeral March', which is somewhat comical to me because of the memory of this being used as a back ground of a video game when player gets expired. I can get into the intended mood when I try but I rarely feel like trying, now a days. Anyhow, there is a really beautiful and relaxed tone hiding in the middle of the movement. The last movement is like an abstract drawing. Nothing much to say about it.

My favorite recording is Polini's. Recently I found that Daniel Barenboim's recordign is also great, I am guessing that he thought about his late wife when he recorded this.

No comments:

Post a Comment