Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Composition Practice; Life as a non-tenure-tracked faculty

I knew that I wanted to be a scholar. I thought that it meant to become a professor, which I am not (yet).

At some point, I realized that what I wanted to be was a scholar and 'professor' was a title usually linked to that profession in modern era. There have been few factors events and decisions that have hindered my career to become a tenure-tracked faculty. I am realizing that being a tenure-track faculty is not as relevant as I thought. Perhaps, the most important fact in my current life is that I am doing what a scholar is supposed to do.

One thing, which I do not appreciate much, is that I need to worry about financial situation. Probably that worry would not go away even with the tenured professor title.

lenient being

No comments:

Post a Comment